We offer professional whitening – both in-office and at-home treatments – because it’s the best way to get a sparkling smile. The professional formulas work better than any product you can get at a drugstore. With such beautiful results, you’ll want to keep them as long as possible. Fortunately, it’s not too hard!
Call us today at 502-430-3451 to find out more about your teeth whitening options. In the meantime, check out our tips to maintain your bright smile:
- Take Advantage of Whitening for Life – We’ll provide custom-made whitening trays with your initial treatment. Then you’ll receive a free tube of professional-strength gel every time you see us for your biannual cleaning and exam. It’s a great way to keep the pearl in your pearly whites!
- Use a Gentle Touch When Brushing – Scrubbing vigorously when brushing isn’t any more effective at removing stains than brushing gently. Not only that, but aggressive brushing can cause your tooth enamel to wear away. If that happens, the yellowish dentin inside your tooth becomes visible. Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush and don’t brush too hard.
- Don’t Skip Regular Dental Cleanings – During your cleaning, we not only remove disease-causing bacteria, we also polish your teeth so they look and feel fantastic. Plus, if you’re part of our Whitening for Life program, you’ll receive a supply of whitening gel to use at home.
- Stop Smoking – Nicotine causes serious staining that can be very difficult to remove. For the best-looking smile, stop using tobacco products. The rest of your mouth will benefit too. Smokers are twice as susceptible to gum disease as non-smokers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Be Careful With Staining Substances – Lots of food and beverages can stain teeth, including dark juices, red wine, coffee, and tomato sauces and salsa. If possible, use a straw when consuming these substances to limit your exposure. Rinse your mouth out with water afterward too.
- Drink Lots of Water – H2O does a great job at rinsing away staining substances, so drink lots of it. You can also snack on fresh fruits and vegetables like apples, celery, and carrots. They contain plenty of water, plus their high fiber content can help scrub away problematic substances.
We’d love to help you maintain your bright smile! Call Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews at 502-430-3451 for an appointment in Louisville, KY.