As a parent, it’s a given that you want the very best for your child – and that includes anything to do with their teeth. You may not be aware of it, but children as young as 6 or 7 can benefit from Louisville preventive orthodontics. That’s the age we recommend bringing them in for an orthodontic visit. Early treatment can help them:
- Potentially avoid the need for full orthodontics later on
- Fully develop their jaw and air passages
- Sleep better and more soundly
- Avoid other problems related to jaw development
Be sure you give your child all the advantages of a beautiful smile you can. Call 502-430-3451 today to schedule a consultation for preventive orthodontics. Members of our Healthy Smile Plan save 15 percent on treatment.
Protect Your Child’s Smile With Early Orthodontic Treatment
Starting orthodontic treatment early can help put your child on the right track with their smile.
They will grow up having a jaw that’s developed properly, which may reduce the likelihood they will require braces in a few years. Plus, our treatment helps you enjoy peace of mind about your child’s developing smile and resulting appearance.
When you bring your child to see us for an orthodontic visit, we’ll examine their teeth and jaw carefully. We also may take some X-rays for an up-close look at their teeth and bones.
Depending on what we find, we may recommend one or more treatments:
- Space Maintainers – If your child has lost teeth and is waiting for their permanent teeth to emerge, we can use space maintainers to help keep that area open. Treatment will help prevent their other teeth from shifting positions and becoming crowded.
- Palatal Expanders – For many children, their upper jaw is simply not wide enough to accommodate all their teeth. In these cases, we can use a palatal expander to gradually push apart the two halves of their jaw. This can also potentially prevent issues caused by a narrow airway, including sleep issues.
Make sure your child’s smile stays as healthy as possible with preventive orthodontics in Louisville. Call Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews today at 502-430-3451 to schedule an orthodontic consultation for them. You can also make an appointment online.