You may not believe it, but a root canal procedure will actually help you feel better, not worse. Especially at Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews, our Louisville root canals are no more uncomfortable than getting a tooth filled. If you need a root canal, our treatment will:
- Stop the pain from your aching tooth
- Save the tooth from needing an extraction
- Restore function to the tooth
- Prepare the tooth for a protective crown
Don’t keep hurting! Call us before 10 a.m. and be seen the same day: 502-430-3451. If you’re a member of our Healthy Smile Plan, you can save 15 percent on your treatment.
Keep Your Tooth Intact & Your Smile Whole
A root canal is most often needed when the tooth’s pulp chamber (the inner part) becomes infected. This usually happens when a cavity is left untreated or the tooth undergoes trauma and bacteria is allowed inside.
TV shows and movies would have you believing that a root canal is one of the most painful things you can endure. Perhaps that was closer to the truth decades ago; however, our modern root canals are a far cry from that. Here’s the process for a root canal:
- We will make sure the area we’re working on is completely numb before we do anything. We don’t want you to feel any pain whatsoever.
- Your dentist will use special instruments to clean out the infected pulp.
- The canals inside the tooth will be repaired and shaped, then sealed with a special rubberlike material.
- We’ll put a crown on the repaired tooth as a finishing restoration. It will help strengthen the tooth and prevent future problems.
The best part about a root canal is that we can save your diseased tooth from needing an extraction. You get out of pain, plus you get to keep your tooth. Now that’s a beneficial service!
If you have an aching tooth, you need to ask about root canals in Louisville. Call Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews today at 502-430-3451 to schedule an appointment. You can also make an appointment online.