Most kinds of replacement teeth can’t stimulate your jaw when you chew. This is a serious shortcoming, since this lack of stimulation results in a loss of bone density. Your jaw will shrink, making you look older. Unlike other teeth replacements, our dental implants in Louisville encourage bone growth in the same way that your natural tooth roots do.
Keeping your jaw strong is a great benefit, but it’s not the only one you’ll enjoy with implants. They will also:
- Give you a bite strong enough to enjoy all of your favorite foods
- Replace teeth without impacting any of your remaining teeth
- Keep your replacement teeth secure without adhesive, so you never need to worry about teeth that feel loose
- Stay in great shape with regular brushing, flossing, and checkups
- Last decades or even a lifetime, if you maintain good dental health
To see if you’re a candidate for implants, call us today at 502-430-3451 to schedule a consultation. If you are worried about the cost, consider joining our Healthy Smile Plan, which offers a 15 percent discount on services.
Implants Function Like Artificial Tooth Roots to Give You a Stable Bite
If you have dentures, they sit on top of your gums, kept in place by suction and perhaps some adhesive. Even if they fit perfectly at first, they become loose over time as your jawbone shrinks. That won’t happen with implants. Receiving implants is a two-part process:
- Dental Implant Placement – An implant, which resembles a small screw, is surgically embedded in your jaw. Over a period of several months, your bone actually fuses to the implant in a process called osseointegration.
- Dental Implant Restoration – Your dentist attaches a tiny piece of hardware called an abutment to the top of your implant. Once the abutment is in place, your dentist can then attach a dental restoration to your implant. The restoration will look, feel, and function like a natural tooth. A crown is used to replace a single tooth. If you need to replace multiple teeth, implants can support a bridge. For replacing full arches of teeth, we can perform the All-on-4® procedure or give you implant-supported dentures. With the All-on-4, you may be able to get implants and functioning teeth in a single visit.
For dental implants in Louisville, call 502-430-3451 or .