- Breathe easily & sleep more soundly
- Stop snoring so others can sleep well too
- Lessen your risk of apnea-related problems
You know how out of sorts you feel after a sleepless night. You’re tired, irritable, and not at your best. If you experience a consistent lack of rest because of sleep apnea in Louisville, you’ll feel that way much of the time. In addition, apnea does more than disrupt your sleep. It can do a real number on your health. Studies have linked it to serious problems including diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
If you’re experiencing sleep apnea symptoms, ask our dentists about it at your next exam. They can examine you, talk to you about your symptoms, and refer you to a specialist who can recommend the appropriate treatment.
Once you’ve received treatment, you will:
- Breathe more easily all night
- Stop snoring, so members of your household can sleep
- Enjoy more restful slumber so you wake up feeling refreshed and can perform better during the day
- Lessen your risk of apnea-related health problems like heart disease
Without restful sleep, your health will suffer! To schedule an exam or talk to us about your sleep apnea symptoms, call Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews at 502-430-3451.
Keep Your Airway Open to Relieve Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Obstructive sleep apnea is caused by frequent interruptions in breathing that happen when your airway becomes blocked during sleep. In more serious cases of apnea, breathing can briefly stop as many as hundreds of times a night. Sleep apnea treatment ensures your airway remains open while you sleep, using one of two methods:
- Sleep Apnea Appliance – You wear an appliance, which often resembles an athletic mouthguard, while you sleep. It moves your jaw forward into a position that keeps your airway clear. It works best for mild to moderate cases.
- CPAP Machine – You wear a mask over part of your face, through which you breathe in a stream of pressurized air. A CPAP is usually prescribed for more severe cases of obstructive sleep apnea.