Protect Your Smile From Gum Disease
Gum disease is the number one cause of adult tooth loss, and it can be devastating to your oral and overall health. You can brush and floss each day and maintain a healthy lifestyle and still find yourself struggling with gum disease infection and its many unpleasant symptoms, like:
- Bleeding gums
- Red, swollen, or tender gums
- Sores in your mouth
- Persistent bad breath
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Receding gums
- A change in your bite alignment
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Pain or difficulty when chewing
One of the reasons gum disease is often considered a silent killer is that you may not notice any of these symptoms until the infection has advanced and become a serious threat to your dental health. All of this can be prevented and, if caught early enough, even reversed. That means keeping your routine appointments with our experienced team so we can spot gum disease and act quickly to save your smile.
Fight Periodontal Disease With a Deep Cleaning
We perform a deep cleaning called scaling and root planing to treat periodontal infection:
- First, we apply a topical numbing ointment.
- Then, we’ll use a special instrument to clean deep below the gumline and remove the infection.
- We’ll also smooth the roots of your teeth so that bacteria will have a tougher time collecting there moving forward.
To get your oral health back on track, we may recommend more frequent checkups until we’re confident that the gum disease is under control.
Don’t put your smile at risk! Let us help you bounce back from periodontal infection with effective gum disease treatment in Louisville. Call 502-430-3451 today to schedule an appointment at Kirchner Dental of St. Matthews. You can also .